Friday, October 17, 2008

Wendy's is Full of Itself

Today, I visited Wendy's for the first time in months. I ordered my meal and drove up to the window. You know that first window where they are eager for you to pay them and then look all agitated you are looking for perfect change.

Then the second window where they are already sticking your sack of food out of the window before you've even driven up. The lady was rushing so fast to get it to me that she basically threw ketchup packets at my face.

And then, the kicker.

She says, "See you tomorrow!"

And I was busy trying to get myself situated since I had just been ushered out of the drive-thru that I didn't absorb this comment until I was turning out of the lot.

How can you be so confident that I will see you again tomorrow? At Wendy's?

Puhlease. I can't eat that crap every day. I need to spread my love equally--Whataburger, Sonic, Popeye's, Taco Cabana.

I can't believe that you are SO SURE Wendy's lady, that I will come back tomorrow. What if I don't? How many people do actually come back every day?

Maybe if you didn't rush me out of the drive-thru like a one-night stand, I'd want to stick around.

-Monica

No comments: