Thursday, June 11, 2009

Mama's Got a Brand New Bag!

Hey guess what fools? I'm back at blogging with some fresh thoughts and a fresh new look.

I have not posted in months and while I could make up many excuses why, it really does not matter. What DOES matter is that I have decided to return to my faithful readers (all 7 of you I believe) and hopefully recruit a few more so that I may once again have a fun and healthy release of my regular thoughts.

Don't you wish your girlfriend had a blog like me? Dontcha.

So what to begin with.....

How about the last 5 things I did that made me smile. Awwwww, now isn't that a great place to start? I think so.

(In no particular order)

1. I won my regional qualifying round in Austin Air Guitar....which earned me $100, an awestruck crowd, and a spot in regionals TONIGHT at the Parish! Here's a video. Watch it.


2. My friend Drew and I signed up for swing classes. We had our first lesson on Tuesday. And minus a few older dudes with some bad beer breath, I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

3. A good ol' friend of mine reappeared in my life after almost a year of being absent. A phone call from him almost brought me tears of joy. I am excited to see him for sushi next week!

4. I learned how to ask for what I want and (fingers crossed) possibly get it. Sweet, huh? I have discovered the key to happiness. Well, besides the other key, which gets me into my house everyday.

5. I formed a karaoke team which begins competing in the Austin Karaoke League next month! Our team is called SHY and includes a bunch of good friends and new ones who all shine in their own special ways. I can't wait to tear a new one into the competition this summer!

And so there are some rays of sunshine in my life keeping it bright. But right now, the brightness of my lamp is causing me a slight headache, so I will be signing off.

So glad to be back here. :)

No comments: