Sunday, October 12, 2008

Thriller and Swedish Chicks

First of all, today I learned the entire "Thriller" dance. Oh sweet God above, thank you for making Michael Jackson. And thank you to whomever decided dancing zombies would make a great music video.

And if you're wondering why I took on this great feat, go here: http://www.thrilltheworldaustin.com/

I am taking part in "Thrill the World", the largest organized attempt to break a Guiness Book of World Records for having the most people do the Thriller dance on the same day and time around the globe. Yes. You heard me right.

Today as I was laying on the dance floor with about 40 other people, pop zombies waking to life, I realized two great things:

1. This is probably the coolest skill I now possess.
2. How many times can I incorporate this skill into social situations?

If you follow the link above, you can find postings for more FREE upcoming dance workshops before the big event. Do it.

And watch this video if you haven't already.

And on a complete tangent, I met two rad Swedish ladies tonight. They witnessed keg stands for the first time in their lives. Look at what Americans teach foreigners. But all drinking aside, I look forward to adventures with them this week. And I am making them teach me as many inappropriate phrases as possible. Of course.

No comments: