Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Day 3: Wed., Oct. 22nd

Oh man, what a day. Of course, I was strong throughout the work day. Got off from work at 7:30 and went to meet up with a good friend.

Then we ran into a bum, who was quite friendly...so I bought him a beer. Not the most ladylike thing to do, but nice (in a messed up way) nonetheless. As I was handing him the beer he actually referred to me as a nice lady. Doesn't that count for something?

Then we headed to Hole in the Wall, where I basically sat in silence while my friend and this bum talked about all kinds of dirty things. It took all I had not to join in on the conversation and my friend John knew this. The bum remarked on how quiet I was and John shared all kinds of details about how I am usually not like this AT ALL but am trying to be softer. He went to speak of my usual filthy and raunchy nature......it is actually alot of what my relationship with John is built upon. A sharing of mutual understanding.

The bum (Marvin) remarked, "You can't hide who you are. Why you gonna sit there and try to sugar coat it when you got a good thing going?"

And so, now that I have spent several hours drinking in quiet, I have had some time to reflect on my experience today. Being a lady can be quite B-O-R-I-N-G.

You're right Marvin, maybe I do have a good thing going for me. And I can't hide who I am.

Sometimes it takes running into a bum 3 times and 2 pitchers of beer to shed some light on the situation.

I am contemplating whether or not this experiment is worth continuing.....

No comments: