Sunday, January 11, 2009

For people who can't keep secrets to themselves....

It seems that the concept of secrets has been a reoccuring theme in my life over the past few weeks.

Recently, I discovered a secret that I didn't have to worry about NOT accidentally exposing. Furthermore, this is a secret that I actually would like to share with everyone in my life because it has had a profound impact on my life this week and will continue to influence my daily thoughts and actions.

Well, to be quite literal.....the secret comes from a book titled.....are you ready for this?

"The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne.

Quite simply, the secret is this: the Universe is based on the "Law of Attraction", a concept and teaching that has existed for centuries. The "Law of Attraction" principle states a person's feelings and thoughts attract everything they could possibly want or NOT want in their life. It seems kind of like a "duh" theory, but my experience as a reader was actually one of complete enlightenment.

I have always considered myself an optimist and positive thinker, but I realized that I have been missing an integral piece to my life puzzle. The belief that I can truly have everything I really want. I've been focused so much I what I DON'T want that I have continued to attract more of it and fallen into patterns and cycles that leave me hurt or confused about how these things came to be. But then my "Aha!" moment came as I read this book and it hit me---The more you focus on what you DON'T want or DON'T have, the more you will continue to receive the unwanted or continue to not have "it".

Anyway, this book and the theories, examples, methods, and testimonials have struck me to my core.

Some of my friends are giving me that "dude, this is so freakin' cheesy" or "talking about positive thinking is lame" look.....some of you may be doing that right now as you read this. But that's okay, I haven't joined a cult or anything and perhaps some of you have no need to learn strategies or ideas for making your life happier. But how could I possibly keep this a secret when I think it could alter so much about the way we see ourselves and our potential love, happiness, and success in life. I just have to share this information with you in the hopes that you will have an open mind to check it out for yourself and perhaps even be motivated to discuss your ideas with me because this is all I have really wanted to talk about lately.

Last year, Oprah hosted a show on the book and topic and here are some clips from that:

No comments: